In a video I posted on our site today, an interview with Tyco Integrated Security CTO Jay Hauhn from ISC West, one of the topics we talked about is the security industy’s journey to the cloud.
We’re not there yet with hosted video, he said, but the one product area where the industry is most comfortable in the cloud is access control.
And, Brivo Systems is certainly one of the leaders in this arena. Brivo CEO Steve Van Till wrote a guest commentary for us about the cloud confusion he saw on display at ISCWest. Check that out here.
But more on Brivo, I spoke yesterday to Lee Odess, Brivo’s director of sales operations, about the company’s new dealer program that it launched at ISC West. The company has existing dealers, of course, (about 300) but this is Brivo’s first formal dealer program.
“The main thing is that it’s a partnership. We’re not dictating or demanding,” Odess said. “We’ll reward dealers based on commitment … and there’s a real focus on market development,” he added.
For committed dealers, Brivo will help “from a monetary side, to execution and support … or in other strategic ways,” Odess said. For example, if a dealers “wants to go after the retrofit and remodel remarket, we’ll work with you to put a program together.”
It’s a three-level program: Silver, Gold and Brivo Blue. Brivo Blue dealers “are the most committed”, Silver dealers are likely new dealers, and Gold dealers “work with us but there are certain things they don’t do on the commitment side,” Odess said.
Odess listed eight benefits for Brivo Blue dealers:+
1. Market Development Funds—which will be based on last year’s sales.
2. Lead Sharing—“When we get contacted by end users, we’ll connect them with our most committed dealers.
3. Dealer Council. “It’s a place for idea sharing and a forum for beta testing and showcasing our tools.” It’ll be a platform for feedback, positive and negative, he said
4. Online web service, which is co-branded with the dealer’s name.
5. A&E Specification include dealer training and certification levels.
6. Search Engine Optimization—“We’ll help dealers position themselves better in the market.”
7. Internal extranet “it’s like the forum, but it’s an online feature”
8. Award program that’s based upon how closely the dealer works with Brivo instead of just “how much you purchase."